Lime and Mint "Mohito" TartServes:
An easy dessert that makes the most of any surplus limes during citrus season.
- 300g chocolate wheat biscuits -1 1/2 packs approx
- 110g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 300ml can condensed milk
- A handful fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup cream
- ¼ - 1/3 cup lime juice
- zest 2 limes - maybe zest them before you squeeze them
- 2-3 tbsp rum - optional
- Extra mint leaves, lime slices and grated chocolate to decorate - optional
Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 20-22cm loose bottom flan tin.
Crush or process the biscuits to fine crumbs. Combine with the melted butter and press into the base and sides of the prepared tin. Place on a rimmed baking tray.
Place mint in a small saucepan with cream, heat gently then cool and strain into a jug or bowl.
Stir in the eggs, condensed milk and rum, if using, and gradually whisk in lime juice and zest.
Pour into the crust and bake for 30 mins, until just set. Cool then chill in the fridge.
You can swap the biscuits for Gingernuts or malt biscuit base if you prefer. Chocolate, lime and mint all go well together so you could take this tart to the next level with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.